Some recent things
• Our Bosun, ironically dubbed “Killer”, carries a 7’ rope in his back pocket and uses it almost daily for various projects. There’s a life lesson in there somewhere.
• I am convinced a coworker’s inner monologue strictly the sound of a cash register. He wants nothing more in life than to be rich so he “can play all day” bc he’s “burnt out”. He’s not yet old enough to rent a car.
• I’ve had to calm a witch hunt for whoever flushed a tampon down the toilet. They haven’t said one word to the man flushing baby wipes daily that has caused a blockage every. single. day. for ten days. But see one tampon and suddenly they want to line up the women and see who’s bleeding.
• I’ve managed to get one sketch in a day. I put them on my safety observation cards and turn them in. I’m terrible at it, but it feels good to create. I will get in trouble for it soon.
• Participated in an informative conversation about singularity and human emotion. This was followed by good and healthy debate about the state of the Merchant Mariners. I learned something and gained perspective.
• I look at the horizon and sea and I feel infinite. My skin is denticles; my veins are salt and constellations.